The Life of Yorick ~ three

~ chapter two ~ part three ~

Nameless pulls Asherah's shirt over her shoulder, a hand between before buttoning, her buttoning his, eyes locked.
________

Juliet (new character) opens her eyes in a cobwebbed apothecary ~

Laurence - Holding a dagger in two hands staring before the window, "It just barely passed the sternum.  Just barely.  And then in a single heartbeat, when steel met muscle, it quivered and you fell.  But you did not die."

Juliet - "Romeo ?"

Laurence - He drops the dagger to the sill, "He did."

She gets up, an X bandaged across her chest, wrap over that, he turns to steady her and she shoots him a glare.

Juliet - "No."

Laurence - "What is it ... ?  You know me."

She stands and robes silently.

Laurence - "Juliet ..."

Juliet - Looks back, "No.  You see I don't believe you.  That I'm alive.  And so you're dead too, to no surprise, your poison found on my lips.  My father no doubt.  Did you even know ?  I think not as I know him so well as I know you."

She finishes the belt-work as he turns to the window staring down to the streets below, a noisy crowd brews.

Juliet - Taking the blade from behind him as he closes his eyes, she whispers, "I think you've died and so have I."  Backing away, she slips the blade into it's sheath.  "But I do believe you that he has too, and so he must be here somewhere with us."

He sobs out the window while door slams, looking down, the view across the foggy street.  He watches her walk, the mist twirling heavily behind, masked celebrants dancing in her wake.
________

Nameless opens the chest lid, Goremouse climbs up Asherah's arm.  They enter the box, climbing down stairs, closing the lid behind.  It latches and locks.
________

Juliet walk the haunted streets, celebration and Mardi-Gras revelers swirl backing into her bottle in hand.  He bows and offers the bottle.  Her hand on the knife.

She cocks her head and smiles, "No ... thank you."

He smiles shrugging into a spin then pours it over his head, off with the laughing party.

('Sit Back' by IAM DDB)


~ the end ~

View up and over the new city.

~ music through credits and over 'The Misting Lands' ~

~ after credit ~

Timepiece stares into the farmhouse window, her unaltered self inside, dinner with her father.  Ladybomb crawls clicking to the porch, she bends with a smile as a candle at the dinner table wisps out unseen through the window.

Timepiece - "Ladybomb ... I've missed you."

A gust of wind picks up.

Actual - At the front screen door.  "We lost our comm with the ship.  Core's blown.  It's over.  We won."

Timepiece - Stands, back turned.  "I know.  It ... was on the news."

Actual - "But not for long."

Timepiece - "No.  Not for long."

...

Timepiece - "Do I need to die now ?"

Actual - Smiles, "No !  Another got out too.  A Doe model.  It's okay.  There's no paradox like that, differentiation is immediate.  There's only disturbance within radiation range.  Divergent paths.  You're free.  You just need to choose now.  My life or yours.  You have as much right to either as I do but we can't be here together.  I'm sorry."

...

Timepiece - Looking at Ladybomb then through the window at her father, apparently unaware, "I don't have tear ducts anymore."

Wind rising in more aggressive gusts.

...

Actual - "How long were you in the cycle ?  How old are you ?"

Chimes banging.

...

Timepiece - As the motorcycle approaches, "I don't have tear ducts anymore."

Mounts and gone, dragging a gust with her.
________________

EXO-Tale 'Dance Lessons' goes ... ! HERE !