Romeo Found ~ two

~ The Maiden's Tale ~ chapter two ~ part two ~

~ on Nibiru ~

Nocturne - "The world I come from is different.  Better.  But it's being absorbed by yours now and I don't die."

Pragmatism - "So that's why you're here, but how ?"  

...

Nocturne - Stops and steps back, "That what you never got.  None of you did.  It doesn't matter how.  Reality itself will adapt to ensure I survive.  It's what I am.  Both realities will."

Pragmatism - Examining her, "And that's the problem ... isn't it.  It's you.  You're the reason it's all gone mad.  All because you're just too selfish just to ..."

Nocturne - Backing away, "To die ? ..." Shakes her and looks down, "I don't even know if I can and sometimes I have wishes but I am just a byproduct.  The problem is that our two realities themselves are fighting and until one becomes dominant ..."

...

Pragmatism - "They'll tear each other apart and all of us with them.  And you ... thank God I'm on mission."  He lights the cigarette he's been holding.  "Otherwise I might have to enjoy watching what it does to you."

...

Nocturne - "How's your car ?"

Pragmatism - "What car ?  I'm here for a ship."

...

Nocturne - "! Fuck !" 

...

Nocturne - "... i got the wrong one ... you're like the worst possible permutation ..."

Pragmatism - Smiles, "The one who could survive."

...

She slaps him hard and knees his kidney, grabs his head and slams it on a pipe.  He grabs her throat and throws her against the wall.  She spits in his face and crawls her legs up around his neck and twists, bracing against the wall.  She kicks off over him, landing fours to a spring.

His claw hand ejects on the coil, grabbing her neck as he brace holds a heavy vent pipe.  He pulls the coil back in dragging her back.  Ear to the pipe, he hears the screams, distant and echoing through.  Burning.

Pragmatism - "My God ..."

A ribbon blade throws uncurling from her arm, pinning his hand to the pipe.  She throws the handle weight around wrapping him to it.  Flash of a kick and the sound of a hard strike, it all goes black.
________

Juliet - The dead across the battlefield, "But what even happens when they die, if already dead or demon ?"

Germain - "Or angel or otherwise, the mirror.  But cleansed to pure soul."

Juliet - "You mean born in our world ..."

Germain - A laugh, "No Juliet, I mean theirs."

Juliet - "And yours ?"

Germain - "Clearly both.  But you are something else entirely, while I have a penchant for finding new and interesting forms of intelligence."

...

Juliet - Somewhat insulted, then setting it aside ... "And Romeo ?"
________

The Buick chugs ...

Maiden - "Why won't you tell me the secret ?"

...

Man - "Which ... what secret."

Maiden - "Why your gun doesn't shoot."

Man - "What do mean ?  Shoots fine.  Hand tooled."

Maiden - "Stop lying to me !  I pull the trigger and it doesn't even budge !  It's like ..."  Eyes wide, "... something's blocking me ... i put the bullets into the gun and i pull back the thingie with my thumb and then i point it at people ..."

The man looks out the window trying to hide laughter ...
________

Juliet - Turning back to the carnival, staring at the distant wheel.  "Free will."

Germain - "So they say."

...

Juliet - "Did I ever really love him ?"

('Devil's Work' by Joyner Lucas)


Nocturne - As sight fades in, over him, tying the bandage to his hand.  "You don't understand.  It's bad here.  People like you ... you talk about hell and you talk about war ... you say you know death and you think you do but you don't know ... this is what's coming for you.  This is going to be your world too."

(view over the world)

Pragmatism - "You mean the alien ..."

Nocturne - "I mean Apollo.  This is his world now.  His father rebuilt this world into this ... and now he's gone.  Because of you.  And Apollo ... he is so much worse."

She pulls him up, and slams him to the wall.

(view over the world)

Nocturne - "And what do I get.  What do we get to work with ?  The tin soldier model.  The worst possible one.  Broken and spent.  The one who would fucking love it here."

Pragmatism - "You're mistaken."

Nocturne - "Really ?  Once you've adapted it's all home to you, right ?"

(continued view)

Pragmatism - "Why the hell do you think I'm the one who's here !?  The one you wanted wouldn't have made it ten feet past the gate.  Meat.  No ... your soft and supple mister perfect me is off free-banging your other you.  The one who isn't a fucking aberration.  Like me."

Nocturne - ... "Fuck you."

Pragmatism - "Love you too.  You'd let reality itself tear itself apart for one more day with him.  Whatever plan you're about to tell me I already know what you were really in it for and yeah.  What did you get."

...

Nocturne - "I got you."

...

She throws him to the wall and kisses him, he flips her around and pins her against it, claw arm ripping off her top armors.  Pants tear, he picks her up and she rides hard.

Nocturne - Leaning in over his ear, hands sliding around his throat, with tears.  "I fucking hate you so much."

His hand pushes against her chin and to the side, claw prying off a strangling hand, he drops her and spins her around.  Her face against the wall.

Pragmatism - "I love you too."  He pushes in with her shudder, she pulls his bandaged hand over her heart, holding it tight, she closes her eyes.  He pushes again.

(continued city view and out)